Sep 1, 2012

*What Do You Expect?

“My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.”

A young pastor came to Charles Spurgeon complaining nothing ever happened at his church. Spurgeon replied, “You don’t expect something to happen all the time, do you”? His answer was, “Well, I guess not;” to which Spurgeon again replied, “Young man, that’s why nothing’s happening; you don’t expect it to.” In Acts 3, the lame man at the gate looked upon Peter and John, expecting to receive something of them. Isn’t it a shame we have greater expectations from man, than of God?

“I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,” from the beginning of my Christian life to this present hour, I have always had a divine expectation. If you are saved and surrendered to God, you have every right to expect Him to do things on your behalf and for His glory.  As the great missionary said, “Attempt great things for God; expect great thing from God.”

Whatever may be your particular situation today, why not mull over these two scriptures, “My expectation is from Him…and thine expectation shall not be cut off.” Friend, He will not disappoint you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...