Jan 17, 2013

All My Trees Are Gone

“[Jesus] asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put [his] hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.”

Most certainly, I believe the scriptures when they declare we are to give honour to whom honour is due. But I also accept its admonition, “not to think [of men] above that which is written.” Honouring the worthy is one thing; hero worship is another.

Men in the Bible are likened to trees, and if we are not careful, we will be awed by them. In this life, you will come across some mighty tall oaks, which can be very impressive. Paul was careful to not allow others to put him on a pedestal. He didn’t use any spiritual cosmetics, but rather allowed all his blemishes to show through. And what was his reason for this? “Lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me [to be], or [that] he heareth of me.

You’ll know you have arrived at the place God wants you, when Jesus is the last Man standing! When your heroes like Moses and Elijah are no longer next to Jesus, but you are left alone with “Jesus only.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...