Jan 30, 2013

Taking a Wrong Turn

Speaking to the Ephesian elders, Paul told them his desire was to finish his course “with joy.” And by comparing his second letter to young Timothy, we find he did just that. “I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith.” 

There is absolutely no question we believers will finish our course. This doesn’t  concern me. What I am interested in is this, will we finish it with Joy? John the beloved tels us some of God’s children will be “ashamed before Him at His coming.” I personally long to enter His presence joyfully, and not blushingly!

If you have lost your way over these past days, weeks, months, or even years, let me give C.S. Lewis’ remedy. “We want progress, but progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. If you have taken a wrong turn, then to go forward does not get you any nearer, if you are on the wrong road. Progress means going back to the right road, and in that case, the man that turns back soonest, is the most progressive.”

Just about now, maybe some of us need to take a U-turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...