Jan 26, 2013

Wherein Lies Great Thoughts

A.W. Tozer writes, “Without doubt, the mightiest thought the mind can entertain is the thought of God.” One of the great indictments the Word of God brings against the worldling is, “God [is] not in all his thoughts.” And again, “They did not like to retain God in their knowledge.”

I read the testimony of one godly saint who said, “I truthfully do not believe there has been more than a fifteen minute period in my Christian life that Christ has not occupied my thinking.” I believe this to be true of a small remnant of God’s elect in every age.

This type of person is so special to God that He has recorded their name in a special book, “...a book of remembrance was written before him for them that ...thought upon his name.” And why should I not think upon that blessed and most Holy One? I am told He thinks upon this worm! As David said, “But I [am] poor and needy; [yet] the Lord thinketh upon me.”

Narcissistic Christians crowd God out of their thoughts; there is only room for them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...