Mar 2, 2013

Soaked in the Scriptures

That has been my deepest longing from the night I was birthed into God’s family, until this present hour. At the close of the final evening of the revival meeting in which I was converted, the evangelist, when he was bidding farewell to people, looked at me and said, “Stay in the Book, stay in the Book!”  Although I had never read the Bible up until then, from that moment to now, I have endeavored to do just that, for these past fifty-five years.

I desire to be so soaked with the scripture that when I am wrung out, so to speak, the water of the Word splashes on everyone and everything around me. O, to be saturated with the Holy Scriptures! Then I’ll be able to ask myself, not, “What would Jesus do?” but more importantly, “What does Jesus say!” Some can only assume the one, but you can be assured of the other.

We are not to seek Jesus’ and His disciple’s experience, but their teachings. In this case, the little cliché, “Don’t do as I do, but do as I say,” holds true. A boy who is a 98-pound weakling, who has an older brother 275 pounds, and a lineman for an NFL team, would be foolish to try doing what his brother does; but he would be wise to do what his godly Christian brother says.

May the good Lord help each of us to live in, and to live by, the blessed Holy Scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...