Mar 13, 2013

What's Heaven Like?

Heaven is a country like our own, and it has a capital city, The New Jerusalem. The Holy Scriptures reveal quite a bit as to the latter, but comparatively little of the former. These two, the country and city, are inseparable from one another. We are told of the Bible saints, “They desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”

There has been much speculation concerning our heavenly home. A good deal that has been taught and written on the subject has majored on the allegorization and spiritualization of it. My personal view is, when literal sense can be applied, seek no other sense. I’ve always been a literalist in my interpretation, when at all possible. To me, the people, streets, mansions, fruit, robes, animals, river, trees, etc., are as real there as they are to us now. We must not forget, just because we say something is spiritual does not mean it isn’t physical. God associates the two, “on earth, as it is in heaven.” I believe heaven is like the earth, but without the sin.

My next major and final stop is heaven. My destiny is heaven; my hope is Christ. When I arrive I’ll finally be home and eternally with the one I love and adore. No! I’ll never get tired of HIM, for lovers are never bored with each other’s company. Ah, my friends, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...