Jul 4, 2013

**WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

Would you like to know one of the chief difficulties in my Christian life? It is waiting on God. It seems I'm always ready when God isn't. I know it is hard for some of us to grasp, but God's delays are not denials. Whenever we wait for God, we're showing Him our complete helplessness. Every Bible saint, greatly blessed of God, knew what it meant to go through a long waiting process.

Noah waited for the promise; David waited for a kingdom; Joseph waited for deliverance; Moses waited for God's call; Zacharias and Elizabeth waited for a child; Elijah waited to be used; Paul waited for revelation; and our blessed Lord waited for God's time, working as a carpenter. You win by waiting!

Let me encourage you by listing a few scriptures. "My soul, wait thou only upon God"..."On thee do I wait all the day"..."Let none that wait on thee be ashamed"..."Wait on the Lord"..."Wait patiently for Him"..."They waited not for His counsel"..."Wait on the Lord, and keep His way"..."I will wait upon the Lord"..."We have waited for Him"..."Blessed are all they that wait for Him"..."They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength"..."They shall not be ashamed that wait upon thee"..."The Lord is good unto  them that wait for Him"..."It is good that a man should quietly wait for the Lord"..."Wait for His Son from heaven"..."Wait on God continually"..."Therefore will the Lord wait-blessed are all they that wait for Him." 

I think you get my drift.

 Richard D. Sandlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...