Aug 6, 2013

Always-"My God"

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

This is one of the many texts in the Bible that has both an immediate and far off meaning. The Old Testament is filled with scriptures that have present and prophetic truths connected with them. In this article I will not discuss the doctrinal aspect of our text, but rather its practical application.

Whether David or Jesus on the Cross (as representative man), we are all capable of the same intense cry. If one has not yet gone through his or her Calvary experience, the feeling of complete abandonment, you will, if you follow on to know the Lord. If Hebrews 13:5 be an argument against what I say, I remind you that Jesus, prior to His desolate cry told His disciples, “I am not alone, because the Father is with me.” We may feel forsaken, but we’re not forgotten.

The Lord brought to my attention recently that in spite of a sense of being forsaken, they, Darling David and His Beloved Son, still owned Him as, “My God.” In fact, over and again they repeated it, “My God, my God.”

When dire circumstances strongly argue for spiritual desertion, we must still call Him, “My God.” We must trust Him, no matter the situation. We must hold to the horns of the altar, so to speak, and as Job of old cry out in our agony, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.”

D.L. Moody said, “Wait for His promise. He always returns by way of His promise.”

Richard. D. Sandlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...