Aug 1, 2013

How "The Man Christ Jesus" Lived the Christian Life

“And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost...was led by the Spirit...And Jesus...[said]...man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

Since Jesus Christ was the founder of Christianity, it behooves all Christians to follow the original pattern laid down by Him in living for God on this earth. Following man-made methods can sometimes be disastrous. It caused Bible teacher, Harry A. Ironside to have a nervous breakdown, and J.I. Packer came close to one, according to his testimony. They both found, to their chagrin, the men who espoused such teachings did not come up to them their own selves.    

I discovered years ago in studying and adhering to the “Deeper Life” teachings that it led to a constant scraping of my spiritual insides. I dissected each and every thing in my life; it all went under a microscope.  There was never a moment of inner peace, only turmoil. I oft questioned my spiritual sanity. I thought of David’s words on many occasions, that these things were, “Too high for me...I cannot [attain] unto [them].”

Jesus’ life was a simple one when it came to living for God. He yielded Himself to the indwelling Spirit and soaked His life with the scriptures. He was saturated with both! He lived by a set of principles laid down in the Word by the Holy Spirit. As a result, He was able to obey His God on a moment by moment basis. There was no frustration as to what was on down the road in the distant future; only “now” and “next” concerned Him.

“Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet (now), and a light unto my path (next).”      

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...