Aug 29, 2013

*The Saints Saucer

“My Cup Runneth Over”

I can remember, as a boy, seeing my Kentucky bred Grampaw drinking his coffee out of his saucer, while eating a breakfast of bacon and eggs, along with his biscuits and gravy. He was like the trucker I heard of, who when asked by the waitress if he wanted his cup filled, answered “Yep, and my saucer too!”

I notice today in homes and restaurants old fashioned saucers are not much in use, if at all. I can only surmise from this that people no longer desire full cups. This doesn’t trouble me, but Christians not craving the “fullness of God,” does. David drank from an overflowing cup; his saucer, if you please.

O, that each of us will seek God’s fulness until, like the wine skins, we are about to burst. Every spiritual need in the Christian’s life is found in the Spirit’s nine-fold fruit. When we unreservedly yield to Him, then our lives will yield His fruit.

Yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.”

Richard. D. Sandlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...