Sep 4, 2013

I Am an Adopted Child


“Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

I understand some adopted children have a problem with not knowing their real parents, and this I understand. But personally, as an adopted child, I have no such difficulty; I know my Original Parents and want nothing whatsoever to do with them. They sold me into the house of bondage, and were responsible for the shameful deformity I’ll carry with me throughout this life.

But I am glad to say I am now happy, content, and I think fairly well-adjusted, considering my first state. O, how well I remember being lined up with the other urchins, all cleaned-up and in their nice clothes, standing tall and straight, hoping to impress. And there I was, at the end of the line in my wheelchair, crippled, and in my filthy rags.

All my peers were waiting with bated breath, anticipating the kind looking man stopping by them with a smile of approval. But I had no such expectation. I was very conscious of the fact there was nothing about me, an untainted MAN such as I beheld, would desire to call His son. But miracles of miracles! as He stood over me, looking down with eyes full of tears and compassion, He uttered three words that will remain with me throughout eternity, “I choose him.”

And what do I call the parent who adopted me? I refer to Him as, “MY HEAVENLY FATHER!”       

Richard. D. Sandlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...