Sep 19, 2013

I Forgive You

I personally do not know of three sweeter words an offending saint will ever hear from those whom they have offended than, “I forgive you.” I guess it is because I have so often had to ask God and loved ones to grant me this request, as well as those unrelated.

The Bible makes plain it is wicked to not forgive (Matt.18:32-33). We need not ever expect peace of mind as long as we harbor unforgiveness in our hearts. And this is just as true when applied to oneself. If God so willingly forgives us, should we not then follow His example? 

A woman gave testimony at our church that she had had great difficulty forgiving herself for killing (aborting) her unborn son some years previous. I whispered to my wife, “Why? she murdered God’s Son, and He freely forgave her.”

I think something I saw and heard on the old western T.V. series, Gunsmoke, holds the answer for those of us who have miserably let ourselves down. The statement was made by the town drunk to Marshal Dillon, “All my life people have given me another chance; the problem is, I have not been willing to give myself one.

Don’t you think it’s about time you forgive yourself? God has, and so have others, way back when you first asked them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...