Jan 16, 2014

A Fly On the Wall

My wife and friend, a local pastor’s wife, had met for their monthly luncheon. While dining, the preacher’s wife brought up an interesting question. “If,” she asked my wife, you could have been a ‘fly on the wall,’ so to speak, what Bible incident would you liked to have seen and heard?” Salle’s friend chose the annunciation of Jesus’ birth by the angels to the shepherds. And my wife’s was to have observed and listened in on the conversation between Jesus and the two disciples on the Emmaus Road.

This all provoked me to think. If I were asked the same question, what would my answer be. It didn't take a second for me to answer the question, I would loved to have heard and seen all that went into Creation. Experiencing the Spirit’s movement, hearing God’s audible voice, and seeing the glorious light of God shine out of total darkness. Think of it, from complete darkness to eternal light, simply by the Spirit’s moving and God speaking.

Although I was not present “In the beginning,” I was there fifty-six years ago when God spoke to a young sinner in his early twenties. When the blessed Spirit of the living God moved upon my heart, which was in utter darkness, and God said, “Let there be light.” But our beloved Paul said it so much better than I, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...