Jan 4, 2014

The Christian and Technology

I was holding a meeting for a preacher friend of mine, Pastor Larry Groves in Indianapolis, Ind. Personal computers were fairly new and he had just purchased one. He mentioned how wonderful it was that he could now read his Bible and was not limited to the personal notes he could put next to a text. I mentioned I would never give up my Bible for technology. I now read my Bible, as well as many other books, on my Kindle.

The truth is, pseudo-spiritual saints such as I was, have a lot to learn. But, sad to say, because of pride and stubborn ignorance, some never do. It hasn't entered their dull mind to consider the printing press, that it was new technology at one time. The Word has been engraved in stone, written on plaster, in the dirt, on paper, and parchments. Even on the heart. It is not the type of platter the steak is served on, its the steak itself!

While walking down the street one day, evangelist D.L. Moody was approached by a drunk. He handed Mr. Moody a ten dollar bill for an offering, which he accepted. A companion asked, if he was going to keep it, coming from such a derelict. To which the wise man replied, "The devil's had it long enough, I'm going to use it for the glory of God."

My sentiments exactly!  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...