Feb 9, 2014

Tooting Our Own Horn

Someone has said, in jest I’m sure, “He that tooteth not his own horn, it shall not be tooted.” We smile, but to hear many of us testify, preach, and pray, you’d think we believed this comedic statement to be gospel, in spite of the fact the Book of wisdom plainly tells us,Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.”

I used to have a sermon entitled, “The Big I.” In it, I showed how in Lucifer’s fall, he uses the personal pronoun “I” five times (Isa. 14:13-14). And the proud Pharisee in the Temple followed his father’s example, using it the same amount of times (Lk. 18:11-12). But when we come to a godly saint, Paul takes the same number of “I’s” and crucifies them (Gal. 2:20).

Bending your stubborn “I” into a submissive “C” will be more than worth the time, pain, and effort you put into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...