Jun 6, 2014

And the "ROCK" Cried Out!

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." This is when the "ROCK" cried out! It is upon this "ROCK" (Cornerstone), God began to build His Church, as Jesus told Peter. If there be any doubt to whom the "ROCK" refers, Paul explicitly tells us, "And that 'ROCK' was Christ." 

Our Catholic friends tell us the "ROCK" was Peter. But I say with Moses, "For their rock is not our 'ROCK,'" (Deut. 32:31). Notice, it has to do with a capital letter.

Those who has build their home, church, school, business, and yes, their entire life on any thing other than Jesus Christ alone, face ultimate doom. As someone has said, "Sand is good for a lot of things, but you don't want to build on it." Only on the solid "ROCK" can one find sure footing.

David told us when his heart was overwhelmed that he cried unto his "ROCK" that was higher than him. And in another place he said, "He only is my "ROCK" and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved."  Thank God, I can say, "David's "ROCK" is my "ROCK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...