Jun 14, 2014

The Wholeheartedness of God

"Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good...with my whole heart and with my whole soul."  These nine words jumped out at me, so to speak, in a recent devotional time. Again, I was puzzled that not one of seven commentaries I have gave any space to this heartwarming statement. To think that the Eternal God, creator of heaven and earth, puts His whole heart and soul into joying and caring for the likes of us, His weak, sinning, faltering children. It's more than one can take in, is it not?

Is it any  wonder everything God's darling David did for his precious Lord was with his whole heart and soul, from dancing before the Ark of his God to building His Temple? Should we think it a strange thing his life was filled and overflowing with God? And what was the key to Paul's perennial blessings? Most certainly, his wholehearted love and loyalty to God, his dearest friend. Don't you agree? It is not to be thought odd then, that such a man was filled with all the fullness of God! God delights in like-minded men and women! 

We see then that "wholeheartedness" is a two-way street. "We love Him, because He first loved us." He is always, first and last, the great initiator. God says, in essence, because I put my whole heart and soul into your life, I would expect you to want to do the same for me in return. Jesus put it this way, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength." That is: the emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and physical. THERE AIN'T NO MORE!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...