Aug 30, 2014

Crazy? I Think Not!

One definition of the word “institutionalize” is: “to place or confine in an institution.” And one of the meanings of “institution is, “a place characterized by drabness, uniformity, and impersonality.” We say of certain people that they have been institutionalized. I believe this could also be said of a vast amount of Christians in our day.

But it seems to me that more and more of God’s people are breaking out of their little cubicles and observing everything from “outside the box.” They refuse to have a monastic mindset. It is no longer a “me, my, and I” they hold to. They have found there is more to it than my family, my church, my school, my ministry, etc. “Jack” has jumped out of his box and is finding out how the rest live.

Beware of any institution that tries to institutionalize you. You can always spot them. They will tell you only those who look out through their institution’s bars are sane. And all those who are free and at liberty on the outside are crazy. It’s this sort who said of Jesus that He was “beside himself,” and of one of his devoted followers that he was “mad.” As for me, I’d rather be on the outside looking in, if you don’t mind. Let them say and think what they will.

Inside-out, If You Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...