Sep 21, 2014

HELD UP BY MERCY

"When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up." O, The wonderful mercies of God. We are told in scriptures that His mercy is: great, rich, manifold, plenteous, abundant, sure, everlasting, tender, new every morning, high as the heaven, fills the earth, and is God's delight. Is it any wonder then that darling David said, "will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities." Marvelous, marvelous, marvelous, is it not, to be one of God's, "vessels of mercy?"

How often in life have I have cried out to "The God of my mercy, "I'm slipping Lord, 'Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe.'" And each time, in mercy, that invisible Hand has reached out and caught me, as Peter of old, just before I sank. When I could no longer stand, all strength was gone, and sinking was inevitable, I found the words of the old gospel song true, "Mercy there was great and grace was free." From that memorial day so many, many years ago, when I prayed, "God be merciful to me a sinner," until this present hour, mercy has followed me; and I'm sure it will all the days of my life. 

"Take notice not only of the mercies of God, but of God in the mercies. Mercies are never so savoury as when they savour of a Saviour."
(Puritan Saying)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...