Mar 26, 2015

A Lifetime With One Bible

A note to our readers: I originally planned a series of articles on the subject of, "A Lifetime With One Bible," but decided to bring it in one, a taster, so to speak.

I have spent all my Christian life these past fifty-five years with one Bible. While others spent countless hours comparing various translations, I was burning the night oil comparing scripture with scripture. I did not come to believe the Bible I hold to be the very Words of God, preserved for the English speaking people, because I was told it. I felt from the beginning of my walk with God that if this old beloved Bible I hold in my hands, and is so dear to my heart as it was our forefathers, was in truth, the infallible Word of God, then it must of necessity stand on its own two feet (Testaments); IT MUST PROVE ITSELF, without any help from any well intentioned religious Uzzah.

I observed early on those Fundamentalist and Evangelicals who criticized the Church of Rome for saying they were the only interpreters of the scriptures were guilty, in type, of the same error. They incessantly ran to Greek and Hebrew scholars for their final authority as to what the scriptures taught. And if not that, going to the many translations to glean out of each what he or she believed to be God's pure Word; thereby privately interpreting the scriptures, which God says is a no-no. I observed each would pick and choose what he or she believed to be God's Word, the problem being, each chose a portion another would say is not in the original, which does not exist.

The following are just a few of the many things God has used to show me personally and convince me He has only One Book! Therefore making me a man of One Book.

 1. The so-called archaic word "spue" in Rev. 3:16 is interpreted in Lev. 
     18:25,27-28 as "vomit."

 2. One does not have to go to the Greek or Hebrew to find that Christ 
     means "anointed one." Compare Psa. 2:22 with Acts 4:26.  

 3. You need not go to a dictionary to find what "succour" means. Compare    

    2 Cor. 6:2 with Isa. 49:8. It means, helper.

 4. There is no need to go to the Greek to find that the word "church" 
     means "a called out assembly," (Look up Acts 7:38 and Ex. 16:3).

 5. The Greek and Hebrew authorities tell us "inspiration," referring to the 
     Word means, "God breathed." But God's final authority tells us this in 
     the English: 2 Tim. 3:16 and Psa. 33:6.

 6. As to the word "testament" meaning "covenant," just compare Heb. 
     9:19-20 with Ex. 24:8.

 7. And that difficult passage about prophecies failing in 1 Cor. 13:8 is 
     cleared up in Psa. 12:1, where you find "fail" and "cease" are used         
     interchangeably. Therefore, prophecies will fail to be, or if you 
    prefer, cease to be. 

This brief article is presented, as all my articles, to get you to think on your own, whether you agree with me or not. Please, for your own sake, think, think, think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...