Nov 4, 2015

Something I've Learned

The old Methodist Evangelist Dr. Bob Jones Sr. wrote a book entitled, Some Things I Have Learned. Every Christian ought to obtain a copy of this book, and then spiritually devour it.

On October the 15th I turned eighty-two years of age, and there is something I’ve learned in my fifty-eight years as a child of God. That is this: Jesus Christ is the sum total of all things. If He is not the final answer to all things, then your life adds up to nothing. Not only can you do nothing without Him, but you are nothing without Him!

A Sunday school teacher taught a class of six year olds. She made Jesus the main character in every story she taught. Before presenting an object lesson on one Sunday she asked, “Class, what has a bushy tail, lives in a tree, and hides away its food for winter?” Little Johnny raised his hand and answered, “Teacher it sure sounds like a squirrel to me, but I know the answer is Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...