Jan 8, 2016

Those Melancholy Moods

No matter your individual temperament, no one is excluded from his or her melancholy moments. These occasional dark moods will help you happy campers to pity us full-time melancholies. We who live on the dark side, that have to fight it every day of our existence.

I once heard a preacher in a camp meeting say he was never discouraged. It took all I could do to remain seated listening to that jargon. Personally, I have never enjoyed listening to self-deceived fools. Melancholy David had more than his share of discouraging times.

The songwriter of the old “spiritual” had it right when he penned, “Sometimes I’m up, sometimes I’m down.” What is one to do when they’re down? Well, I’ll tell you what I do. I remember the promise God gave to Jacob, I will go down with thee...and I will also surely bring thee up again.”
Richard D. Sandlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...