Jan 13, 2016

Those Sunshine Saints

Those Sunshine Saints

As a young convert, I remember a woman who sang in our church choir who smiled incessantly. It was pleasant to see, but it distracted me from the song service. Those who would defend such cheeriness need to be reminded, although the sun shines constantly, from time to time dark clouds hide it. That, my friend, whether we like it or not, is part of life.

We’re told to, Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.” I’d be very suspicious of a saint who smiled while they were weeping with me.

A Bible illustration, I believe, will clarify my point. Just as in the tempestuous storm Paul experienced in Acts, when the sun didn’t appear for many days, so it is in a saint’s life. There will be periods, some longer than others, when there is no sunshine. All your days are cloudy ones. This is one reason I have never been a great advocate of the  ‘sunshine gang’ of saints. I’ve seen them unmasked! Their tan was cosmetic.

It’s a good thing to know, behind every dark stormy cloud, the sun is shining; and that He promised, after the storm, the beautiful, breathtaking rainbow will appear.

Richard D. Sandlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...