Feb 19, 2016

There's No Back Door

Both the Tabernacle and Temple were without back doors. I believe also the Hebrew homes (and tents), were void of such. The blood was put only on one lintel and each doorpost per dwelling. It seems clear there was only one way in each stated case.

Today our back doors, like the front, are used primarily as an entrance and exit. The difference being, in the former's case, often, it is for the purpose of avoiding recognition. Most of us have, at one time or the other,“Snuck in or out the back door.” A few times, maybe, for surprise.

I said the above to say this, THERE IS ONLY ONE DOOR TO God and HEAVEN! Jesus plainly said, “I am the Door.” Christ teaches no one can come to God or enter Heaven except by and through Him. The children’s song has it right-

One door and only one
And yet its sides are two
Inside and outside
On which side are you.

One Door and Only One
And yet its sides are two
I'm on the inside
On which side are you?”

Note of interest: My wife was saved as a 9 year old, but had been under conviction for a year previous. When her Sunday School class would sing the above song, she told me, she would not sing, “I’m on the inside.” What about you my friend? Are you singing or living a lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...