Mar 12, 2016

Come and Sit Awhile

I remember my dear old Kentucky Grandma Morrison saying to visiting friends, “Come and sit awhile.” I think it was C.S. Lewis who mentioned in one of his books that there  was nothing any dearer than when two friends would sit around a fireplace and talk.

Sometimes in the dark of night when I think I can’t take any more or go another step, I ask my dear Lord and Friend to come sit awhile with me. I am not a mystic, as such, but in the rocking chair across from me in our dimly lit front room, I sense His still presence.  Josh Groban’s song says it best-

When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...