Mar 15, 2016

He's Happy To Do It

A few years back, around five in the morning, I was sitting on the edge of my bed and found I didn’t have the strength to stand. My physical malady, they had recently discovered, left me this way at times. As I sat meditating, a scripture overwhelmed my soul, “Thou shalt never wash my feet.” Then it seemed an inner voice said, “You have never allowed me to minister to you.” For the first time in over half a century I acknowledged this was so. Though unconscious, and unintentional, nevertheless it was true.

As Peter, of old, I, also, had ignorantly said, as it were, “Thou shalt never wash my feet,” not realizing that it makes Him happy to do so (John 13:17). With a humility I’ll never know or understand, He still enjoys laying everything aside, condescending, and ministering to my particular need. When this truth gripped my heart I fell to my knees, asking Him to minister to any part or whole of my life, whatever He deemed I needed.

"My Jesus knows just what I need."

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...