May 7, 2016

A Motherless Child

“As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you” (Isa.66:13). Not as a precious, protective father does, but as a tender, affectionate, and compassionate mother. Someone has said, “A mother’s love for her infant child could possibly be the strongest of all natural loves.”

I remember going through a great trial in my early ministry. At the time, it seemed as though I would never preach again. I was so burdened that I got in my car and just drove around. After awhile, I found myself sitting in front of the house where my mother lived. When I went into the apartment where she lived alone, I sat next to her on the couch. It was then that I broke down and cried like a baby. Not knowing any of the circumstances, she simply put her arm around me, and as I laid my head on her bosom, she whispered gently, as she had done so many times when I was a boy, “Everything’s going to be alright, Son.” And so it was. I left there feeling I could conquer the world.

That blessed day was years ago. My ninety-four year old, sainted mother is now with Him whom she loved and adored. But this has not left me motherless, for I have One who still comforts me as a mother does her child. He puts His Divine arms around me, lays my head next to His heart, and I hear Him say in a still, small voice, “It’s alright, Son; everything is going to be alright.” And it always is.

The Fatherhood of God guarantees me that I’ll never be motherless.
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...