May 27, 2016

Take it Up With the Potter

I was brought up in the thirties and forties in a traditional home. But without traditional values. It was non-Christian. There was love there, but the worlds kind, if you know what I mean. Sin was the accepted norm and as a result left a little boy very insecure, leaving him with no idea who he was and with little, or no, self-esteem.

I started going to movies at the age of seven by myself. It was here I found my escape from reality; I could pretend to be someone I wasn’t, even if it was for a brief time. But soon I found I could take this character outside the theater. I could live another's life. Thus my most enjoyable time of all was play-acting with other kids.

This continued into my teens, then on into the military. Upon my discharge, I went to Los Angeles and entered, what else, dramatic school. Then, in my early twenties, Christ saved me. Finally it was over. NOT BY A LONG SHOT; the battle had just begun. Now it was no longer actors, but preachers I would emulate. O, the agony of not being yourself!

After many years of God chiseling away at the granite house I hid all my insecurities in, the real me came forth; a vessel meet for the Master's use, a chipped, broken piece of pottery, but, nevertheless, one in which the Potter chose to live. With all my faults, failings, and idiosyncrasies, CHRIST LIVETH IN ME! He is so easy to live with. And as a result, I can finally live with myself.

If you have a problem with yourself, or another marred vessel like you, I recommend you take it up with the Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...