Aug 3, 2016

Saved But Not Satisfied

A preacher friend of mine used to say, when asked how he was, “Saved, sanctified, and satisfied.” I’m afraid if many of us were asked this, we’d have to leave off the last word, if truthful. God’s people today appear to be insatiable—nothing seems to satisfy them, whether in the physical or spiritual realm.

Many of our churches put on a great show, but not to the satisfying of the soul. Preachers lay out decorative china, but nothing nutritious is on the plate. We have showy menus, but, as the old Westerners used to say, there is nothing that will “stick to your ribs.”

God tells us through Jeremiah, “My people shall be satisfied with my goodness.” We sing, “Thou, O Christ, art all I want”; but we sing a lie! It looks to me like there are few in number who finds real satisfaction in Him and in Him alone. They cannot honestly say, “Thou art my…portion in the land of the living.” “And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.”

Jesus said, “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger”…If a Christian is not satisfied with Jesus, then nothing else can or will satisfy him or her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...