Sep 21, 2016

Settling It-Is Settling

ALL MUST DO IT...SOONER OR LATER

There comes a time in every saint's life when he or she must ask themselves that all-important question, and answer it honestly, “Am I going to go all the way, no matter what? This comes at different stages in each Christian’s life, but generally at a Red Sea experience, when all human possibilities have been exhausted. It’s not difficult to affirm  positively, “YES!,” when lying on flowery beds of ease. But when the waters are about to cover you, as in David’s case, it’s a different matter.

ONE OF THE GREAT DECLARATIONS OF FAITH

“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him.” James tells us the old patriarch is our example when, so to speak, one’s back is against the wall. Previously, Job’s life was more or less serene. But now the very heavens are falling in on him. And what is his testimony? Out of the ash heap of despair this broken man cries, “Though He multiply my sorrow, increase my pain, and add torment  to my already tormented soul, I will go to my grave clinging to Him. As with Jacob, “I will not let thee go.”

TRUST, NO MATTER WHAT

The words that win God’s heart is, “I’LL TRUST YOU, LORD, NO MATTER WHAT.” “I’ll trust you like Moses at the Red Sea; as Daniel did in the lion's den; like the three Hebrew children in the fiery furnace; as Hezekiah did on his sickbed; when shut-in like Joseph; when I lose everything dear, as Naomi; when everything is going against me, as Jeremiah; when my very life is being slowly drained from me, like the woman with the issue of blood; and yes, when suffering on my deathbed, when it seems even YOU have forsaken me, as in your Son’s case, I’ll trust you!”

ISAIAH SAYS IT ALL

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation...Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. “ Isaiah 12:2; 26:3-4




No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...