Jan 1, 2017

Getting Your Feet Wet

PUTTING IN BOTH FEET

“When ye are come to the brink of the water...ye shall stand still in Jordan...[and] as soon as the soles of [your] feet...shall rest in the waters...they shall stand upon an heap...[their] feet...were dipped in the brim of the water...[they] stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan...[they] stood in the midst of Jordan, until every thing was finished that the LORD commanded.”

HE LEADS US HE DOESN’T PUSH US

The song, God Leads His Dear Children Along, can be seen in the saints’ life of faith. Isn’t it blessed how gently He leads us into the deep waters, the midst of Jordan, so to speak? He does not require we jump immediately in the middle but as in Peter’s case, He takes us from the shore out into the deep. This reminds me of Oswald Chambers’ comment: “Every ocean has a shore.”

THE  OLD TESTAMENT PROPHET’S EXPERIENCE

The prophet puts it this way, “He brought me through the waters; the waters [were] to the ankles...Again... he brought me through the waters; the waters [were]to the knees...Again he...brought me through; the waters [were] to the loins...Afterward he measured...and it was a river...for the waters were risen, waters to swim in.”

A LITTLE AT A TIME

God starts out by getting our feet wet, and then we end up in the middle of the Jordan. It’s like when I was a boy of seven. At a local pool, I began in the shallow part, but shortly after was swimming in the deep end. I have found in my own spiritual life that this has been the custom. I, trembling, dip my foot of faith in the waters, and before long, I am enjoying a good swim.

IT MUST ALWAYS BE FRESH FAITH-NOT DAY OLD

I also have learned in my experience that each venture requires a fresh faith. Yesterday’s faith is a cancelled check. Therefore, with each new endeavor, we begin all over again by getting our feet wet. And why is this? “For ye have not passed [this] way heretofore.”

O, how I pray that when I see my Lord, I’ll be soaking wet from head to toe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...