Feb 10, 2017

Neither Rhyme or Reason

I applied mine heart to know... the reason [of things]”

THE MEANING OF THE TERM

We’re told the little aphorism I entitled this article began as far back as the year 1475 in France. To we English speaking people it has come to mean something that doesn’t make sense, without any reasonable human explanation.

NO...KNOW-IT-ALLS

There is a segment of Christianity who teach that the Bible has the answer to every one of life’s problems. This is true in many cases, but not in all. For anyone to say or believe this, he or she would have to be immature in the faith or much ill-informed. And in some cases, I’m sure, pride has crept in. Most of us like to be known as having all the answers. Spiritual superiority, you know.

FILL-IN THE BLANK

The fact is, the Word of God does not give us the answer to everything that happens in one’s life. If each of God’s reasons were made known to us, there would be no need for faith. The purpose for Romans 8:28 is to fill in the blank when there is no apparent reason. To be sure, when no reason is revealed to us, still, THERE IS A REASON!

BY FAITH WE UNDERSTAND

The prayer God is pleased with, I’m sure, is, “Lord, I do not ask thee to explain the reason to me, just help me to accept your silence as a sufficient answer.” As someone has said, “He who demands a reason from God is not in a fit state to receive one.” The song says, “I’ll ask the reasons—He’ll tell me why, When we talk it over in the by and by.” Some things we’ll just have to wait for till we get home. By God’s grace I’m willing. Are you?

Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...