May 20, 2017

HE STOLE MY HEART

“…and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure…” The song writer said it best when he penned, “I Stand Amazed in the Presence of Jesus the Nazarene.” The word “amazed” is found often in the Gospels, and is usually related to Jesus, either directly or indirectly. It’s definition is “filled with great surprise, astonishment, or wonder.”

The Christian should live in perennial amazement at who Jesus is and what He does. I never cease to be amazed at God’s people, who are no longer amazed. You can always tell when one has lost the wonder of it all; it shows in every area of his or her life. In their fellowship, singing, preaching, yes, and especially in their lifeless, formal prayers.

The old evangelist, Gypsy Smith, when in his eighties, was asked how he had managed to keep his freshness over the long years he had served the Lord. His reply was simply, “I guess it’s because I’ve never lost the wonder of it all.”

"Since He looked upon me, my heart is not my own; He hath run away to Heaven with it."
— Samuel Rutherford

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...