May 24, 2017

When the Colors Run Together

What does one do when the colors of life seem to run together; when doctrines and  you’ve held for a life-time appear to have lost their distinction? Like John the Baptist, you become uncertain of what you have always held as being certain? When your dogmatism, if you please, ends up in the doghouse?

Well, I’ll tell you what I do at such times; I immediately come back to my foundation. This “Sure Foundation” is the only thing in my life I am truly sure of. When the top floors of my life begin to sway, I hurry back down that long flight of stairs to my settled, solid, and unmovable foundation. It is here I get my sure footing once again.

My dear friends, build your life as high as you’re capable; but remember the Foundation upon which you have built it. Forgetting will only bring everything we’ve built down in shambles, so that we might be reminded of Him who is the True Foundation of our life and ministry.

“For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”  (I Cor.3:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...