May 28, 2011

Knowing Your English

“[Jesus} said…let down your nets for a draught…at thy word I will let down the net.”
God has preserved His Word for us in the English; therefore, I do not overly concern myself with the Greek, or Hebrew languages. He will judge me on understanding and acting upon my own native tongue, not on one given to another people.
There can be a vast difference between singular and plural. The variation is to be seen in addition.  My dear friend, Marvin Clanton, used to say about something that was good and he wanted more of, “If one’s good, two’s better!”

Peter was a commercial fisherman, and since he had toiled all night without a catch, nets would not be necessary, only a net, if that. His expertise was a hindrance to his faith. Professionalism is man at his best, but that is not good enough in the Spiritual world.
When we do not expect great things from God and act on it, it is because we do not believe our God is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...