May 28, 2011

You, Too

"In the midst of the throne stood a Lamb as it had been slain.” What a seemingly strange paradox. A Lamb, the perfect picture of gentleness; a throne, the supreme symbol of power. The One in the midst of the other. The Sacrificial Lamb has become the Sovereign Lord.

The homage and worship He receives is not by coercion, but by loving constraint. His subjects are not driven to worship Him as Nero’s servants, against their will. For, our Sovereign has won our wills, and we are drawn to Him by His graciousness.

How wonderful it is to realize that I, too, can stand before Him with my golden vial full of odors. That I, too, may join that Heavenly choir to sing praises to Him. That I, too, can be one of the “ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands” who say, with a loud voice, “Worthy is the Lamb.” Just to think, I too, may “fall down and worship Him that liveth forever and ever.” Hallelujah! It’s not just “I, too,” but “You, too.”

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name togethe (Psl.34:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...