Jun 12, 2011

Twin Lies

Until recently, I didn’t realize that we Christians have two sins we hold in good standing. They are what you would call, “respectable sins.” Since most of us commit them, and they are done in “good taste,” we wink at them, giving them a pass. But I’m not sure God does.

They are twin sins, like Siamese twins--always connected together. They are committed in order and almost simultaneously, as in thunder and lightning. This duet goes something like this: “How are you? and the second answers, “Just fine.” Now, granted, I’m not speaking of every case, but, generally, we all know the truth of what I’m speaking of.

More times than not, the first, who questions, “How are you doing?” could care less about the other’s condition. As an old-timer said once to me, when I asked him this question, “Why tell it; nobody cares.” The second little white lie is the answer we give: “I’m doing just fine,” while all the time, we’re hurting from something. True, there are times we can ask in sincerity and truthfully answer in the affirmative. But lets’ make sure when we ask, we are really concerned. And when we answer, let’s be truthful. Lately, when asked this question, my reply is, “By faith, I’m doing great.” And that’s no lie!

God gives you permission to say, “I’m cold.” (Rev.3:16)
                                       Marvin Clanton

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...