Jun 19, 2015

A Most Devastating Truth


"Jesus said unto [Peter]...thou shalt deny me...Peter said unto Him...I will not deny thee..."

I personally believe the most devastating fact we as saints will ever have to face and admit to is, as my dear mentor, Dr. Joe Henry Hankins would say, "We are never as spiritual as we think we are." We are not who people say we are; we are not who we think we are; we are who God knows we are. We say, "If I know my own heart," but the problem is, none of us do! There is a deceiver within it. Only a self-righteous fool will trust his or her own carnal heart. 

Peter's problem is ours. He thought himself incapable of committing the ugly things of which others were. Like the Pharisee in the Temple, he thought he was a notch above the low man on the totem pole. In my long experience in dealing with God's people, I find few Believers have come to the realization that they are capable of anything and everything Bible saints were. The one sure proof is when you hear them say, "How could they do that? I could never do such a thing."

Any time we get outside God's hedge of Divine protection, we are open to the serpent's deadly bite. "...whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him."      

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...