May 6, 2010

*No Time like the Present

It’s not about what you were, but what you are that counts with God. He’s an ever-present God. He is a God who is here. To boast that we once stood in the presence of God won’t cut it. Satan can make that claim. It’s what you are at this moment that registers with God. Past laurels wither fast. They’re only good for kindling.

On the other hand, what an encouragement to those who have made a wreck of their past lives to realize God deals with us in the “now,” and not in some distant past. He’s the I AM, not I was or will be. God can take past nothings and make them into present something’s. And it’s this crowd that can ever say, “I am what I am, because of the great I AM. So, if you’re going to be one of these “new-lifers,” I’d remind you, there’s no time like the present.

I was so in the present moment the past was no longer part of me. ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...