Feb 4, 2011

MY FRIENDS

John wrote it in one of his little epistles, “Greet the friends.” Therefore, I greet my readers in the name of the Lord, considering each of you to be just that, true friends. I have not met most of you face to face, but neither had Paul the Colossians, yet his and their souls were knit together in love. I feel this way in our relationship.

Many have e-mailed us wanting to know about my health. Well let me just say, I have never experienced the power of united prayer in my life and ministry, these past fifty-three years, as I have since asking you to intercede to our Father for me. I feel again like my old self. The bleeding has stopped, my strength has returned, and my only medication is an anti-acid pill and liquid iron. At seventy-seven, I have the aches and pain that go with age, but other than that, “A-1.”

May God bless each of you for your prayers. It is a wonderful thing to be able to exchange one’s own strength for HIS. Someone asked, “Did God heal you?” My answer is that God is healing me moment by moment.” The Lord, I feel, has made me dependent upon the prayers of HIS people. As long as they keep their hands lifted to God, as Joshua of old, I have the victory.

I want, as always, to also thank our faithful supporters. Because of the economy and other things, we have lost over $200 a month. But we have little concern, since our largest contributor is a RICH JEW! We have a little barrel in the kitchen that we’ve had for over thirty- five years, On the inside, there is a “handful of meal” lying at the bottom; on the outside of it I have written : “And the barrel of meal wasted not.” And our testimony is just that. As I heard an old preacher say years ago, “You can depend on Jesus showing up whenever He’s needed. AMEN AND AMEN!

An Old Disciple,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...