Jun 24, 2016

An Open Letter to My Son-in-law

My Beloved Son-in-law

Let me congratulate you on your forty-fifth year as an evangelist, bragging on Jesus, from behind the sacred desk. What a blessing that He chose lepers such as us to tell the good news. We certainly did not take this honor upon ourselves, but being called of God, are so very honored by Him.

Job's statement is so pertinent today: "How little a portion is heard of him." 

June eighth, I myself, began my sixtieth-year of pointing people to the bleeding Lamb. Apart from my salvation, (and I'm sure it's true of you) the day I heard those immortal words, "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men,was the second greatest day of my life.

I read once, "When God has an impossible task to perform, He takes an impossible man and crushes him." How blessed to be crushed under His nail-scarred heel. 

When I think of you and the ministry God has called you to, I'm reminded of a thought I had that I wrote down in the flyleaf of my Bible, "Anywhere, Anytime, Anything, at Any Cost!"

I am praying for a fresh anointing upon you this special day. "But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil."

I close with something I heard an old camp meeting preacher say years ago. "I'll preach till the PREACHER comes."

An Old Disciple,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...