Oct 17, 2017

I'm Not Going to That Party

“Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him?”
(Job 26:14)

In the context of the Scripture above Job tells a little of God’s great feats, but sadly adds, “...but how little a portion is heard of him.” Is this not true in our age also?

Sixteen years ago when moving to California, I remember a conversation I had with my wife, Salle. We were passing through the state of Wyoming when I mentioned what I believed would be the next big thing to happen on the world scene. And that was to utterly remove the name of Jesus from all society and yes, religion.

Not only is it forbidden for one to pray in His name at the United Nations but in all sorts of institutions it is taboo. I expect this from a Christless world but not from professing Christendom. This morning I noticed the following heading to an article by one of the news organizations. “DC’S huge new Museum of the Bible includes lots of tech--but not a lot of Jesus…”

I was told by an old Irish gentleman once how he had attended a three day prophetic Bible conference. He mentioned in all that time he never heard the name of Jesus. The anti-Christ, a tribulation period, a coming kingdom, etc., BUT NO JESUS!

How Evangelicals and Fundamentalists need to reevaluate their preaching, teaching, testimonies, singing, praying, and writings! Allow me to ask you a personal question, “How much of Jesus is in your life and ministry?

“If Jesus is not invited to your party then take me off your guest list also.”
(rds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...