Feb 20, 2010

The Eyes of the Beholder

“But made himself of no reputation…” Strange, is it not, that many of us are willing to pay any price to get a reputation, while He paid the ultimate price and lost His? An honorary degree was bestowed upon me years ago, which I was most proud of. Then one day it dawned upon me that they called Him a devil and called me Doctor. Needless to say, I dropped the title.

The religious crowd ruined His reputation, but they couldn’t touch His character. Character is what a man is; reputation is what people think a man is. The former is a life; the latter is a label. A missionary once told me, “The first pre-requisite for being used of God is ruined reputation.

“Reputation is in the eyes of man; character is what you are in the sight of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...