Apr 24, 2012

*Inconvenienced

"...when I have found a convenient season..." Felix, like Herod and Judas, was a man of convenience. But I would suggest, if you are looking for a convenient lifestyle, you should not consider becoming a Christian. Christianity can be a very inconvenient thing at times. For example, opening one's home at all hours of the night (sometimes to strangers) is neither convenient for the host or hostess. Giving to another what you have set aside for you and your son, watching an elderly shut-in to give their loved ones a little time to themselves, and sitting aside your leisure time to busy yourself in helping the hurting, is anything but the convenient thing to do.

As I get older, I find I do not like to be inconvenienced. As they say, I like all my ducks in a row. Or to put it another way, "Don't rock the boat." But I'm reminded over and again by the sweet Spirit of God that cross-bearing is not convenient. After a long, hard day, Jesus took time with Nicodemus at nightfall. Although His sufferings were imminent, He had a meal with his sad friends. And He didn't mind being awakened from a restful sleep to help those in a storm. Let each of us remember, He left us an example to follow. Jesus always went out of His way to help others; ask the woman at the well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...