Apr 2, 2012

*When the Unanswerable is Answered

“…now I know in part; but then shall I know…” As Jesus told Peter, “What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.” We must not spend our time vainly trying to understand “The secret things belong[ing] unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong[ing] unto us and to our children…”

If we are to live a life of contentment, we must then be content with not knowing certain things. There will always be unanswered questions. Our knowledge is incomplete and partial, at best. And to turn to speculation will only bring frustration. There is a portion of two songs I like to hang my doubting hat on: “Someday, He’ll make it plain to me, someday when I His face shall see”; and the second: “I’ll ask the reason, He’ll tell me why, when we talk it over in the bye and bye.” Until then, the writer of Hebrews says, Now faith…”

Dedicated to suffering saints everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...