Feb 14, 2016

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

As I’ve grown spiritually throughout the years, one of the most enjoyable times in my meditation is when reflecting upon the precious, loving relationship between the Father and the Son. But I must be honest and confess, after each session I have to say, using David’s words, “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.”

The love that existed between God and the “Man Christ Jesus,” none can grasp, now or ever, save only the third person of the Godhead. Jesus told His followers, “The Father hath loved me.” That meant more to Him than anything or anyone, both in time and eternity. And when He uttered those heart rending words, “I love the Father,” I personally do not think God ever experienced a more delightful and joyful moment.

But the wonder of all wonders is a little text I passed over for years, a text that thrills, blesses, and breaks my heart every time I read or think upon it. “[Thou] hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.” Oh, think of it! That indescribable, unfathomable, unimaginable love God has for His Son, is the same love He has for you and me. AND IT IS EVERLASTING AND ETERNAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...