May 15, 2018

A Story to Tell

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.
(Psa. 71:18)

If you’re the least bit familiar with the Old Testament, you are aware of God’s constant admonition to His people to speak often of the great works He had accomplished in their lives, to tell them to their children as well as all else who had not heard of them. This was David’s desire, even into old age.

I am sitting here on the front porch of my mobile home on a beautiful California spring day, reminiscing on the great and mighty deeds God has performed in and through my life and ministry these many years. I’ve made a concerted effort to pass them along to my children and to those willing to hear about these marvelous things.

As one old divine put it,  “Each generation owes to its generation a testimony of the present reality of God in their personal life.” Sad indeed that some have no such blessed experiences to convey, but many do. And those who do give a testimony akin to that of God’s people of old: “The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.”

My dear friend, Mark Andrews, who was the main means in my Mother’s, as well as my own, conversion to Christ, wrote a small pamphlet. The title is, “TELL IT TO THEM GOOD!” O, beloved  readers, let us tell it to them good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...