Aug 12, 2018

Our Real Enemy

"The enemy…is the devil.”
(Matt. 13:39)

“…the devil, [the] enemy of all righteousness.”
(Acts 13:10)

For the last few years, I have spent many of my days in “Lion Country,” as A.W. Tozer liked to call it. As with many of you, I have not only heard his roar, but felt his breath on the back of my neck. It seems at every turn I bump into him. Since we’re going opposite ways.  

Far too many Christians are living in a fantasy world. They think Christianity is no more than waiting around for some imaginary “Tinker Bell” to scatter pixie dust on them. Some of us need to wake up to the fact that the Christian life is not a playground, but a battleground. Satan is not chained as yet, as some mistakenly suppose. If he is, it’s an awfully long chain, for it reaches to me! And for any duped soul that does not believe in a personal devil, I quote the old evangelist Billy Sunday, “Don’t tell me there is no devil, I’ve done business with him.”

True, much is blamed on the devil that he has had no hand in. But on the other hand, and just as true, he is not recognized as the perpetrator of many other things that transpire in our lives. Once we have discerned a thing to be of his making, by faith we need to say to him, “NO!” God never intended for us to be kicked around like a football, like cowards cowering in a corner. With a humble spirit, using our God-given authority, we are to defy the devil.  The question each of us needs to ask ourselves is, “Why go I mourning all the day?”   
Someone has said, “Satan hates God, and the only way he has of attacking Him is by attacking the objects of His love.”                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...