Aug 22, 2018

The Lord Is My Keeper

It has always baffled me how I can trust the Lord to keep my eternal soul, but not my life from day to day. O, how much of Jacob I have in me! Always planning, covering myself, and making sure there is a back door for my safe escape, just in case. I know it is not a pretty sight, but it’s the way we, Jacob’s seed, live.
But praise His name, we’re told, He is the “...mighty God of Jacob.” Jacobs, “Almighty God,” can still turn his kind into princes, but it will take some long hours of wrestling with God for it to happen. But when the morning comes, it will be apparent to all, something happened to this seemingly impossible creature. He has a distinctive walk now that he didn’t have before! He now limps for the Lord!
“I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest [any] hurt it, I will keep it night and day.”
(Isa. 27:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...