Jul 27, 2019

PUTTING YOUR FOOT DOWN

“Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to...”
(Lk. 21:14)

Jesus gave His followers a principle. He told them explicitly if there’s things they’re “not to” do, then it is a heart matter and to be settled there. And notice it is something they can do. It is a waste of time waiting around for God to do something He says you can do. Most certainly He will always help, but only when you put your foot down, so to speak

After I had preached on the above text in a local church, the pastor of the church followed me with a profound statement. “I have found every unsettled thing in my life the devil fights me on.” Think about it! You never have a problem with those things you’ve settled deep down in your heart. 

Many years ago I was visiting my (departed) sister. Her daughter, Becky (also with the Lord), and I were in the front room talking. My sister, in the kitchen, called for her several times to come help with setting the table which she did not heed immediately. So my sister finally threatened to spank her if she didn’t respond. I said, “Beck, you better go.” To which my niece replied, “She doesn’t mean it yet; I know when she means business.”

And so it is with your flesh (the old man). It knows when you really mean it without any reservations. Like when you say, “NO! and that’s final; it stops here, today.” O my friend can you say at this very moment to your carnal man, and mean it: “Not another year; not another month; not another week; not another day; not another hour; not another minute; not another second! It all ends NOW!

When you put your foot down you’ll come to a screeching halt. Smelling burning rubber is not always a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JESUS-THE AFFLICTED HELPING THE AFFLICTED

By An Old Disciple On the Person of JESUS CHRIST "He is...a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief...Surely He hath borne our griefs...